Wednesday 30 May 2012

Self-portraits

Got a couple of types of Self-Portraits that were a part of our assessments for this semester at college to show you all today.

The first task we had was to take a photo of ourselves and re-create it as a pencil drawing trying to get as close a likeness as possible.

Here's me and my weird looking hair......
I found getting the getting the character in the eyes was the hardest to do out of the whole drawing.

Also as a part of that same exercise we had to draw mouths and noses as a kind of practise run to prepare for when we tried the Self-Portrait.




The next task we had to do with Self-Portrait's was to create a poster using the photo of ourselves and then editing it in Adobe Photoshop so as to create some sort of interesting visual effect.

I decided to try to attempt to merge my face with that of Heath Ledgers portrayal of the Joker from Batman:The Dark Knight and then create a poster from that.

Here's how it turned out.



Well that's all for now, hope you enjoyed taking a look.
I really enjoyed making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment